Hammock is the ambient/post-rock project of composers Marc Byrd and Andrew Thompson. Their latest work, Chasing After Shadows…Living with the Ghosts was released in May 2010. A majority of Hammock’s music is ambient instrumental, save for a few tracks that feature haunting ethereal vocals. Hammock is all about the guitars—the band’s sound is “sleepier” than the brash, often obvious crescendos of their post-rocker cousins, reminiscent of 80’s Brian Eno.
1. The Backward Step
3. Little Fly/Mouchette
5. In the Nothing of a Night
7. The Whole Catastrophe
8. The World We Knew As Children
9. Dust Is the Devil's Snow
10. How Can I Make You Remember Me?
11. You Lost the Starlight in Your Eyes
12. Something Other Than Remaining