Tuesday 10 February 2009

Omar A. Rodríguez-López, Old Money


US, 2008

Usually ORL solo efforts lack polish and are far too over indulgent for me to bother: I'd rather wait for a TMV album and listen to the decent moments fleshed out into proper songs. I picked his latest album since I'll be watching him soonn on his European tour, and although I was pleasantly surprised by how cohesive the album sounds, I expect it to be a completely different beast live.


Playlist:

01 - The Power of Myth
02 - How to Bill the Bilderberg Group
03 - Population Council's Wet Dream
04 - Private Fortunes
05 - Trilateral Commission as Dinner Guests
06 - 1921
07 - Family War Funding (Love Those Rothschilds)
08 - Vipers in the Bosom
09 - I Like Rockefellers' First Two Albums, but After That...
10 - Old Money

Link.

No comments: